Since 1866, Deseret Book Company has been the market leader in the publishing, distribution and retailing of faith-based books, music, DVDs, religious art and home décor, and other lifestyle products serving, in particular, members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Deseret Book’s purpose is to provide quality products that build faith, strengthen homes and families, ennoble personal virtues, and offer practical advice to religious and non-religious alike.
The company operates the following major business units:
- Deseret Book Publishing – develops content produced in a variety of mediums including: books, audio products, music, DVDs, home décor and religious art, operating under three distinct labels:
- Deseret Book Publishing, which publishes under three imprints — Deseret Book (LDS-focused product for an LDS audience), Shadow Mountain (values-based, non-religious product for a national audience) and Ensign Peak (LDS themes and doctrine for a national audience)
- Shadow Mountain Records, for music production, distribution, and marketing, including distribution of the world-famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square
- Zion’s Mercantile, for unique home décor and religious art products
- Deseret Book Digital – directs worldwide e-commerce sales and the production of digital content including eBooks, Deseret Bookshelf, and other mobile and interactive applications
- Excel Entertainment – for film and DVD distribution and marketing
- Deseret Book Retail – operates 38 stores in the western United States offering full service Church Distribution Centers, Zion’s Mercantile Home Décor, Parley’s Street Old-Fashioned Sweet Treat Emporium, Lion House Pantries, and Mormon Handicraft (see store for details)
- Time Out for Women – a program for women that provides 2-day events throughout the U.S. and Canada. TOFW also has a strong online community of women who participate regularly at TOFW.com, through the TOFW blog, Facebook page, and in Book Clubs and other opportunities
- Covenant Communications – directs the production of books, audio products, and selected home décor for the LDS market
- Seagull - operates 25 discount LDS bookstores throughout the western United States
- LDS Living Magazine – publishes a print and online lifestyle magazine focused on members of the LDS church
Through its many and varied resources, Deseret Book strives to be a trusted source of products that meet the needs of its customers and reflect the values of its parent company, Deseret Management Corporation.